Tuesday, March 29, 2005

State of the Readers 4.1.02

As some of you may know there was another earthquake near Thailand and Indonesia yesterday. The death toll is already predicted at 2000 for Indonesia. As much as I want to hope this is an over-estimation, it is probably on par. I had dreams relating to the incident last night. I wanted to send out my support and thoughts to anyone in the region.

On a different note: Foie Gras. Foie Gras is a culinary delicacy of fattented duck liver. Yeah, I said it, fattened duck liver. Oregon is considering a ban on producing the delicacy due to cruelty to the ducks during the cultivation process. They are force-fed corn in the last two weeks of their life. Pretty gross. Here are some interesting links: Yahoo! Story, Sonoma Foie Gras - Producer, and GourmetCruelty - Activist Group. Interestingly, the activist website could use some work. I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of resources and information, not to mention a 'hurt'ing'design. Check it out see what you think, but WARNING, this is not for the feignt of heart.

After a pathetic weekend, I posted some pictures of my trip to Normandy. My traffic trippled, mostly due to google searches for jobs in France. Interestingly, the job searchers stayed to look around :) Here are stats for today:


  1. Net
    28%

  2. Com
    26%

  3. IP only
    22%

  4. TONGA
    10%

  5. SWEDEN
    9%

  6. JAPAN
    2%

  7. Org
    1%

  8. FRANCE (.FR)
    1%

  9. AUSTRIA (.AT)
    1%



Have a good day everybody.

~B

Listed on BlogShares