Thursday, March 31, 2005

Birthday fun, kinda

keep in mind I found this randomly surfing other people's blogs. Someone's put together a thing to tell you what song was No. 1 on the pop charts per year. They started in 1955 in the US and Nov 1952 in the UK.


  1. Use this link:
    http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/member/birthdayno1.php
  2. Put in your 18th birthday
  3. choose US or UK popcharts.

Embarrasingly, the song at No. 1 for my 18th was the Macarena ... I've never been so humiliated. This song is supposed to be a tell-tell of your life. Somehow, I don't see it. Flailing arms, squared rotations, latin beats ... I am at a loss, since none of those fits my life in the least -- I have decidely controled movement of my arms, which should not go over your head when you dance; I tend to head in straight lines, with general goals in mind; I live in sweden ... SWEDEN; there is a notable lack of latin-ness here.

Have fun

~B

Listed on BlogShares