Friday, April 01, 2005

April Fools?

IT better not be. I had a live fantasy baseball draft last night with private league on the east coast. This is probably an american phenomenon, but I'm obsessed. It' SO much fun to play. Anyways. It started at 1:45 am.

I realized, as we were 1 minute away, I had the number 1 draft pick. Interestingly, it occured to me that it was April 1 in Sweden. My first few draft picks went well, but I was really starting to worry that my team looked good, and someone was going to say that it was all a big hoax.

Needless to say, each of the 12 teams gets 1.5 minutes per round to select a player. You do the math, if there were 21 rounds ... that's a ton of minutes. I was up until 4 am. Bleary eyed, I set up my newly drafted team. I am just waiting for one of the fucktards in the league to say it was all a joke, and that we really have the draft today/tomorrow.

Oh well :) It was fun to stay up and banter with people about the shitty choices they make. The best part is to tease people about how you 'heard' someone just had a season-ending surgery or injury. Like torn acl, tommy john surgery, torn achilles etc etc. Funny thing is, there ARE some players who went down yesterday, and people still drafted them. HA :) All I have to do is get through today without them resetting the league.

Hope everyone's had a great week.

~B-the-tired-and-bleary

Listed on BlogShares