Thursday, April 28, 2005

A call back for me ?

I got the call the other day. Oh, it's not what you think. People who read this regularly, will recall that I had a callback for a commercial. I was a bit clandestine about the whole thing, but I was unsure EXACTLY what the contract said since it was in swedish. I assume, since the call back is over, that I can talk about it freely now. I did not get the call back. Thank god! I was auditioning for a hispanic guy who lives in LA. I am so glad I didn't get it, because it'd have been a terrible time drain, and damn it, I was totally NOT the part.

The Character. As stated supra, the character is hispanic. I am not hispanic. He's supposed to be macho and have lots of attitude. I am laid back, whatever kind of guy and come closer to surfer dude than macho. The ideal celebrity personality, according to the profile: John Leguizamo who has been in several movies. I was all, dude, wtf, Leguizamo was in ICE AGE where he played the idiot sloth ...

In any case, I didn't get the part. I would have been in an IKEA commercial selling their new kitchen lines. Which, I am pretty sure, I should NOT talk about until the commercial airs. I will tell you that I rewrote some of the lines, and it will be interesting to see if they incorporate any of it. The agent had me write everything down, and told me later that IKEA liked the changes and would 'probably incorporate come of them.' uh huh ... then you call me two days later and tell me I have no part. w00t!

Sorry it's been forever since I did a proper post. I'll try to do better, but I'm coming up on all the deadlines. Apparently this is a long weekend, so my advisor is avoiding me. This puts on a 13 stretch sans advising when I need it most. How quasi-murphy is that?!

Hope ya'll are having a great week

~b

Listed on BlogShares