Monday, May 30, 2005

Blogging Elite from Blogshares

For those who have not yet checked out Blogshares, please do. It's a really interesting blog-trading 'game' geared towards the economic-minded, business type. But, here I am, a typical student, having a tremendous time with it! Plus it's a great way to find new and interesting blogs.

Speaking of, there are two blogs imparticular I wanted to talk about. Both of these bloggers are leaders in the Blogshares game. Laila started blogging to get in touch with her long lost friends and keep in touch with family, I believe she still lives in the Philippines, and dedicates most of her writings to her three children. Randy, on the other hand, is a retired naval officer who lives in San Diego with his wife. They are currently redoing their home which, as many know, is always a challenge -- Randy and his wife do most of the stuff Do-it-Yourself or DIY.

Laila's Blog is pretty consistent, with lots of posting about family, intersperced with some tidbits about Blogshares. Since she is the number one/two player on Blogshares(depending on the day), she is often involved in give aways. See July 5
and July 15 for examples. Laila works with most of the giveaways I've seen so far on Blogshares. Not only is she active in the game, buther blog wins awards AND she had to upgrade her account because of so many readers (we should all have such problems :) )

Randy's blog is probably more my type since he blogs almost every day, particularly giving note when he's bored etc. It's also why I like JC's blog so much. Randy seems to stick mostly to his home life and politics. Randy is currently 8th in the top players' standings. I have to admit, I've not seen him post much, Laila seems to be everywhere, so maybe that's just a little unfair. I assume they are working in concert on this premium membership giveaway.

Best of luck to both of them. Please go visit their blogs.

My best

~b

Listed on BlogShares