Thursday, November 02, 2006

I was ASKED TO LEAVE MY FAVORITE SUSHI place ...

This has been a relatively rough week. I've had tons of stuff due, received some pretty negative feedback, been generally unhappy with life, school, sleep, food etc. And now, the icing on the cake, I was asked to leave my favorite sushi place. It must have taken me a second in reality to realize what she was saying since she repeated it 3 times before I told my friends I would apparently have to see them later, stood up, almost knocking over a lady who was carrying tea and sake, and left. My sister was there, and said, over the din, "just go eat at the sushi bar, I know how much you've been looking forward to this ..." Why the fuck would I go to a sushi place, where my friends are, to eat by myself? No, really, anyone? I was seriously so upset about it I almost started crying, no joke. It was just that straw we all fear so ...

I'm at home now, eating rather marginal left over chinese food and studying for a midterm I plan on failing tomorrow. Good times. I would like to note that I was late for sushi tonight because I've been at school for 12 hours today and was unsure if I would be able to make it. Apparently it was not meant to be. It saved me about $30 .. hmm, well, I probably wasted that in gas peeling out of the parkinglot though. I was, if you couldn't tell, pissed off. As I sit here gumming my throw-back mongolian beef and crispy beef ad hoc dinner, I really really do want sushi, but is it worth spending the $30? Isabo called twice already to offer to bring me something home. Tempura and eel roll or chinese hodge podge ... mmmmm hodge podge.

I am reminded of a scene from Ab Fab as I reflect on tonight. I know, I know, how cliche, ab fab and HOMeOwners ... Anyways, the scene is from the first episode when Eddie is asking Saffy to make her a morning coffee. Eddie scoffs when Saffy pulls out the instant coffee and notes that, " I don't want those, they are just all dried up. I don't want coffee beans that have been cremated, I want the real thing. I want it fresh ... Grind some beans for gods sake." As Saffy starts to put everything together, Eddy remarks," would you mind not making that face while you grind. I don't want to drink a cup of your anger ..." I'm not sure exactly how that fits in, but there it is. I just kept thinking of that last comment over and over on my drive home. I have to wonder ... how long will it be before I can get sushi again. I wonder if isabo has left yet ...

B

Listed on BlogShares