Sunday, June 12, 2005

Bush gets Bushwacked: A joke from my Dad

Of all people, my dad sent me this joke...

---------
George W. Bush is visiting an elementary school. In a fourth grade
class, he asks the students if anyone can give him an example of a
"tragedy".

One boy stands up and offers "If my best friend who lives
next door was playing in the street when a car came along and killed
him, that would be a tragedy."

"No," President Bush replies, "That would be an ACCIDENT."

A girl raises her hand. "If a school bus carrying fifty children drove
off a cliff, killing everyone involved... that would be a tragedy."

"I m afraid not," explains Mr. Bush. "That is what we would call a GREAT LOSS."

The room is silent; none of the other children volunteer. "What?" asks George W, "Isn`t there any one here who can give me an
example of a tragedy?"

Finally, a boy in the back raises his hand. In a timid voice, he
speaks: "If an airplane carrying George and Laura Bush were blown up
by a bomb, that would be a tragedy."

"Wonderful!" George W beams. "Marvelous! And can you tell me WHY that
would be a tragedy?"

"Well, Mr. President" says the boy, "because it wouldn`t be an
accident, and it certainly would be no great loss!"

---------------

HA, okay maybe it's just me but I thought it was riotous.

Hope everyone had a great weekend,

~Bsan

Listed on BlogShares