Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hello, is anyone out there?

So, it's been a year since my last post. Who would have thought that this blog would even still be up given the length of inactivity! Seriously, at this point I'm just taking up server space, right? Meh, maybe I'm entitled as an early mover in the international blogging spotlight.

I'm not even going to promise to publish on here steadily, because as soon as I do, I'll forget about it and not do it. Social contracting and reciprocity aside, I just don't think it fits in well with my schedule to have a continuous stream of musings. Plus, forced posting on a schedule ends up looking like a formal regurgitation of days' sequences. How much fun is that? No, really ...

That said, however, I will try and post here :) I'm hoping to get in touch with some friends I've lost touch with. M and I have not spoken in over a year, and C and I have not talked on the phone in forever. Though we do enjoy fleeting encounters over pixelated, innernets media. E, a friend who lived closeby, got married last fall and has since moved to the north east.

Of course I'm utilizing my facilities to cultivate other personal relationships, but I really miss my old friends. M and I went through law school together, and I seriously think the only reason I got through it was because of her unconditional support. C and I totally rocked the international world in Stockholm, the primary basis of this blog, and left our mark on the faculty there. Oh what times we had. Not surprisingly, the only other ethnically paritous person in my program and I have started to hang out. I'll save that for another post.

In any case, I hope to start posting here more often.

~B

Listed on BlogShares