Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Happy Birthday to .. me?

Buenos nachos everyone. It's been forever and a day since I posted. I don't know why, but blogging just does not seem to occur to me very often. It's unfortunate since I had such a tremendous dialogue with such a diverse group :( My apologies to you all, if you even still check this sporatically.

It's my birthday today. It was somewhat uneventful, but tremendously pleasant :) You know how sometimes doing nothing, can make all the difference? This was one of those days.

I made a cake for myself, with tremendous dual-colored chocolate frosting. Layer cakes apparently take more frosting than sheet cakes. Go figure. I got up and had a normal breakfast, planned out the day with my dad, then left for the gym. It's been a really long time since I've been out to eat, even a casual out to eat, so I dragged everyone to Chili's for lunch. MMMM, cajun chicken sandwich with extra onions and chipotle ranch sauce. I came home and laid in the pool for about 2 hours, before coming in and having cake. Good cake, but I'm not used to eating rich stuff now, so it kicked my ass. I got such a sugar rush I actually got the shakes and had to lay down for a nap lol.

Tonight for dinner we are having 2" thick ribeye's and fresh shrimp in butter and garlic. I give the cake a second go and see if I can handle it. In any event, we are heating the hottub which is sooo nice :) We've been playing around with it so that I can have it right when M comes to visit later in September.

That is it for now. I'm still job searching, and not finding anything. Hope all is well with my readers.

~B

Listed on BlogShares