Thursday, October 07, 2004

Too Little, too Late?

Interest. Does it ever occur to people that the best way to show interest in someone is to actually express such interest? I think not. I swear I must be the only person alive who doesn't "wait three days" before calling. I'm definitely not afraid to talk to people about my interests, even if they are preliminary.

What irritates me, to no end, is when you have a friend set you up with another person you've met casually. Only catch, that other person, whom you know has your digits, waits to call. Then, when they can't find someone to do something with, or they are "horny, and need some" they call you. Always appropriate. The date isn't even a set thing yet.

I'm tempted to decline even though I've said I'd be interested. I feel like it's been a week and a half, and fucking sitting on your hands while I know you have my number irritates me. It's been so long that I was caught completely offguard when I got the call. I was somewhat prefunctory, giving some offhanded, "oh if it doesn't work out maybe we could do something else." Eh not sure I'm gonna do it. We'll see ...

~B

Listed on BlogShares