Monday, February 14, 2005

A Sad Valentines?

I am often of the mind that things happen for a reason. Certain things in life pass, almost unnoticed, but end up making a huge difference. One of my biggest fears, even since I was young, has been to lose someone I love without them knowing it. I tend to be pretty open with my feelings, but it is always good to tell someone you love them. It means more than you may know.

I read a blog linked to BridalBeer's (see post 2 days ago). The blog talked about a friend who had passed. I don't know what he died from, but I do know he was loved by friends. Even though I'm anti valentines, perhaps this is a day when I should aknowledge my love of others. Taking in friends and family -- I secretly want to add in some imfatuations, but I'm not sure that's the same thing. It is a bit selfish to limit your love to only one person, when we all truly love more than one at any given time. I think hallmark missed it .. I think valentines would be better suited to gifting your love on others. We can still shower that special one with gifts and affections.

A day to give love to all? It seems like we have no days that are nondenominational where we can usher in love of others and spread it through cards, phone calls and candy. How did we miss this one? How did Marketers miss it?

This is my call out to my friends and loved ones: What times we share, paths crossed and left, I take with me a part of that meeting. It is with me always, helping me grow, reminding me, moving me on. To all those brief encounters and long term loves I send to you my thoughts and my heart. Happy Valentine's Day, My loves ... All.

"To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world."

My very warmest and loving regards,

~Brian

Listed on BlogShares