Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Birds: They're Back

A sure sign of spring are the birds. And by birds I mean the loud, annoying seagulls.

Birds are day-light driven. Anyone who's had birds will know that you usually have to cover them to get them to go to sleep. The cover simulates actual night, since we keep lights on after dark, which confuses the things. So, it makes sense that when it gets dark the birds shut up, and then when it turns light they wake up. This is tremendous, except that light breaks the horizon here around 4:30 now.

Seagulls make up for it. I also think that gulls, in particular, don't want to miss anything, so when they DO wake they are extra loud, you know, to make up for the time they missed. Either that or they have waking dreams and wake up screaming every morning. It is just terrible though, because they've woken me up two mornings in a row now. I'm going to have to start going to bed at 10 or something just to get decent sleep. I guess I'll get used to it. Psychotic birds

~B

Listed on BlogShares