Sunday, October 17, 2004

I like it here, honestly!

After reviewing my postings, it really seems like I hate it here. This could not be further from the truth. I actually enjoy living in Stockholm. Here are some of the highlights I may overlook.

Bars/Pubs. Granted I do not get to partake in the grub much, the Pubs are pretty rockin here. I've gone for a beer a time or two. They are especially good for watching sports etc. I think I really attached to the pub scene when I was in Scotland, it translates pretty well here.

Gym. As much as I was fearing the gym facilities here, I've found a great gym network. My local gym is less than a block away. The facilities are pretty decent, better than the school gym was. Then again, that is not saying much. I think most people would be pretty satisfied. Plus I can change it up and go to any gym in the city. There are cool things that go on at my gym though. I've seen professional basketball players, and the swedish national team was training there after they played their qualifier the other day. And yes, they used the change rooms and equipment with everyone else.

Food. The food here is pretty normal. The great part is the FISH. OMG, do I love fish, and you can get it almost anywhere. It is usually pretty reasonable, so it's easy to go out and satisfy the craving.

Picturesque. No matter when or where you go in the City it is ALWAYS picturesque. You can always get a good shot in this city. I even complain that at night there is way too much lighting ... can you imagine ... too much lighting in a city that hosts the winter of perpetual darkness. Whoda though :)

Nappar, Fanta Free. These are two, contrasting, but very important things in my life. Nappar are the ultimate gummies ... no joke. If you've never had them, try them for a week, I promise you will convert. If you have you know what I'm talking about. The Fanta Free is a new creation. Fanta is an uber sugary soda, usually in lime, pineapple or orange. The Orange Fanta Free has me so addicted I've made a conscious effort to avoid it for the last 3 days. I think the carbonation is getting to me, but I really really like it. Everyone should try it.

Getting Around. It is so uber easy to get around here. You can take the subway, bus, or god for bid, walk anywhere. I live in a terribly central location so I prefer walking to buses. It happens though.

Adjusting to being at home. While it's a constant challenge I am definitely getting adjusted to living at home. You know how it goes. I'm just trying to strike a good balance with school, home and play. Just wish there was more play ... and you know what I mean.

~b




Listed on BlogShares